What is Fair Trade?
Fairtrade is an alternative approach to conventional trade and is based on a partnership between producers and consumers. Fairtrade offers producers a better deal and improved terms of trade. This allows them the opportunity to improve their lives and plan for their future. Fairtrade offers consumers a powerful way to reduce poverty through their everyday shopping.
The Chocolate Gallery of B/CS utilizes chocolate produced by Felchlin Switzerland. Felchilin’s human rights standards far exceed Fairtrade levels.
Felchlin Switzerland Cacao Charter
- We know the farmers who cultivate the cacao beans we buy.
- We remain in close contact with both the cacao farmers and our local partners, including visiting them regularly.
- This contact and the regular visits allow us to be familiar with their work and production conditions.
- To ensure the high quality of our cacao beans, we always pay prices above those recommended by Fairtrade.
- We place a strong emphasis on the fact that cacao cultivation should be produced in harmony with nature as well as being financially beneficial for the farmers and their families.
- Our long-term commitment should ensure the livelihood of future generations of cacao farmers.
- We respect environmentally sensitive issues such as the optimal use of natural resources (air, water, energy etc.) during our transportation and manufacturing processes and constantly strive for improvement in this areas.
More about Felchlin Switzerland’s Purchasing Standards